Re: Looking for good reference materials for SQL programming.

От pete@example.compulink.co.uk
Тема Re: Looking for good reference materials for SQL programming.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Peter J. Schoenster" <peter@schoenster.com> writes:

> Someone else wrote:
> > There is a /very/ good book, whose exact name escapes me at the
> > moment, but you should be able to find it on Amazon if you perform a
> > search for 'SQL' and 'Practical'.
>
> That is probably Practical SQL :) ... worth a read but unless I missed
> something I didn't see where it helped with design (does help with SQL
> though).

That's the one :-)

I think (the actual book is currently at work) it's the second
edition.  There appeared to be a couple of chapters near the beginning
which took someone who had a real world problem, but little knowledge
of relational database design, through the process of coming up with
a correctly normalised solution.

--
Pete

pete@maverick-dbms.org
MaVerick - Open Source MultiValue Database Management System
Check out the website     ->    http://www.maverick-dbms.org