Re: Licensing

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Licensing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm@rice.edu> writes:

> That's not the 'BSD with advertising clause', that's the modern BSD
> license, with a standard acknowledgement clause. The orginal advertisement
> clause looks like:

[...]

Ahh, good to know.  Sounds like it'll be OK then.

> Unless that (or something like it) is in there, you're o.k. BTW, kudos
> for thinking about licensing issues _before_ doing the work.

Heh, if there's one thing I hate it's wasted effort.  ;)

> P.S. Which package are you looking at, BTW?

TinyScheme:

http://tinyscheme.sourceforge.net/home.html

It's not the prettiest code I've ever seen, but it's small, not too
hard to read, and complete enough to be useful from what I can see.  I
think it'll be an interesting project.

I am still thinking of maybe writing my own Scheme implementation, but
there are already N of them out there.  If I can use something that's
compatible license-wise and reasonably functional, so much the better.

-Doug
--
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.  --T. J. Jackson, 1863