Re: Call for port reports

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Call for port reports
Дата
Re: Call for port reports  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
In the last exciting episode, pgman@candle.pha.pa.us (Bruce Momjian) wrote:
> It is time for people to report their port testing.  Please test against
> current CVS or beta5 and report your 'uname -a'.
>
> The current list is at:
>
>     http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/supported-platforms.html

On AIX, it's _close_...
============== shutting down postmaster               ==============

=======================1 of 93 tests failed.
=======================

bash-2.05a$ uname -a
AIX ibm-db 1 5 000CD13A4C00

The difference lies here:

bash-2.05a$ more regress/regression.diffs
*** ./expected/errors.out       Wed Oct  1 17:07:24 2003
--- ./results/errors.out        Fri Oct 24 17:56:34 2003
***************
*** 197,211 **** ERROR:  syntax error at or near ")" at character 20 -- no such operator  drop operator === (int4);
! ERROR:  missing argument
! HINT:  Use NONE to denote the missing argument of a unary operator. -- no such operator by that name  drop operator
===(int4, int4); ERROR:  operator does not exist: integer === integer -- no such type1  drop operator = (nonesuch);

! ERROR:  missing argument
! HINT:  Use NONE to denote the missing argument of a unary operator. -- no such type1  drop operator = ( , int4);
ERROR: syntax error at or near "," at character 19

--- 197,209 ---- ERROR:  syntax error at or near ")" at character 20 -- no such operator  drop operator === (int4);
! ERROR:  argument type missing (use NONE for unary operators) -- no such operator by that name  drop operator ===
(int4,int4); ERROR:  operator does not exist: integer === integer -- no such type1  drop operator = (nonesuch);

! ERROR:  argument type missing (use NONE for unary operators) -- no such type1  drop operator = ( , int4); ERROR:
syntaxerror at or near "," at character 19

I'll have to look at "why" next week; I don't see the dropping of a
HINT message being a dramatic error, though.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/spreadsheets.html