Re: BITMAP Index support (and other DSS info.)

От Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Тема Re: BITMAP Index support (and other DSS info.)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
   Shahbaz> There are bound to be people in the academia (grad   Shahbaz> students, professors of CS, etc.) on this
mailinglist,   Shahbaz> yet I see few RDBMS courses using postgresql as an   Shahbaz> example.  If people still have
connectionsto   Shahbaz> universities, it would seem that inviting researchers to   Shahbaz> use PGSQL for their
experimentswill quickly make it   Shahbaz> comparable to Oracle/etc.  This would be specifically

At Berkeley, PostgreSQL is used for projects in the upper division
undergraduate database systems class. At least it was used this past
Fall, and we plan to use it in the Spring as well (I will be
TA'ng). The projects involved using pg as a back-end and a small
buffer replacement policy assignment.

http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cs186/

In addition, we (the database systems research group) are using the
PostgreSQL code base (7.2.1) to build TelegraphCQ, our new system to
process continuous queries over data streams. Preliminary paper here:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~franklin/Papers/TCQcidr03.pdf

No, it's not really close to a release yet ... :-)

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh

От: "Vadim Mikheev"
Сообщение: Vacation
От: Palle Girgensohn
Сообщение: why was libpq.so version bumped?