Re: Don't removes/recycles WAL files at all

От Michael Govorun
Тема Re: Don't removes/recycles WAL files at all
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

>>> Server don't recycles or removes WAL files at all, generating 12-20
>>> files every day.
>
> There's something broken there.  Check to see why checkpoint operations
> are not completing (look in the postmaster log for relevant error
> messages).  Open transactions should not affect this.

I've found answer! Postgresql have been compiled with aggressive
optimizations:
gcc version egcs-2.91.66
CFLAGS='-O9 -funroll-loops -ffast-math -malign-double -mcpu=pentiumpro
-march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions'

After recompiling server with -O2 WAL recycling properly. But I got
many errors after installing recompiled server and had to dump
database with "optimized" postgres and restore with -O2 version.

--
Michael Govorun