Re: signal 11 on AIX: 7.4.2

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: signal 11 on AIX: 7.4.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Quoth pgman@candle.pha.pa.us (Bruce Momjian):
> Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 01:12:10PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>
>> > Well, the bad news is that this backtrace isn't very useful.
>>
>> No kidding.  It's pretty frustrating.
>>
>> > My only guess is that getaddrinfo in your libc has a bug somehow that is
>> > corrupting the stack (hance the improper backtrace), then crashing.
>>
>> It could be libc on AIX, I suppose, but it strikes me as sort of odd
>> that nobody else ever seens this.  Unless nobody else is using AIX
>> 5.1, which is of course possible.
>>
>> One hypothesis is that this is happening at start up time (this
>> core dump didn't show up in the data/ area, but in the init
>> directory, however, which makes that theory a little suspect).
>
> When you say "init" directory, what do you mean?  /bin?

No, it's a directory with various "init-like" scripts.

In "premium hosting environments," root access is restricted to the
site operators, so PostgreSQL doesn't get started up from /etc/init.d.

Instead, PostgreSQL and other services get invoked by custom "init
scripts" in a custom "init directory."
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html