Re: Online backup vs Continuous backup

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Online backup vs Continuous backup
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
>> I suggest the following patch to rename our capability "Continuous
>> Backup".
>
> This doesn't seem like an improvement.  "Online backup" is the standard
> terminology AFAIK.

There's something ambiguous about it, in view that there are two
useful points in time for a backup to be "as of," namely:
 a) The start time (which is what pg_dump does), and
 b) The end time (which I believe is not uncommon with other systems).

PITR is obviously more like b)...
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','gmail.com').
http://linuxfinances.info/info/slony.html