Re: Moving to git

От Guillaume Cottenceau
Тема Re: Moving to git
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer <pg 'at' fastcrypt.com> writes:

> While moving to git has been in the back of my mind the work
> involved to maintain the history from CVS is not trivial.

Can you elaborate a little bit? Maybe some others could help.

Personally I used git-cvsimport to move a few CVS repos of mine
to git and I was surprised how smooth it was. And it of course
automatically rebuilds multi files commits out of CVS history
automatically. Yet, I never used CVS as a pro and didn't
branch[1] so I may have had simpler situations than JDBC source.

Thanks

Ref:
[1] but according to Linus, no one branches when not using git
    right? :)

--
Guillaume Cottenceau