Re: Checkpoints are occurring too frequently...

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Checkpoints are occurring too frequently...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> LOG:  checkpoints are occurring too frequently (19 seconds apart)
> HINT:  Consider increasing the configuration parameter
> "checkpoint_segments".
> LOG:  checkpoints are occurring too frequently (12 seconds apart)
> HINT:  Consider increasing the configuration parameter
> "checkpoint_segments".
> LOG:  checkpoints are occurring too frequently (12 seconds apart)
> HINT:  Consider increasing the configuration parameter
> "checkpoint_segments".
> LOG:  checkpoints are occurring too frequently (11 seconds apart)
> HINT:  Consider increasing the configuration parameter
> "checkpoint_segments".
> LOG:  checkpoints are occurring too frequently (12 seconds apart)
> HINT:  Consider increasing the configuration parameter
> "checkpoint_segments".
>
> What does this mean and what causes it ???

This generally happens as a result of having LOTS of updates going
into the database.

If you're doing bulk loads of data, this is absolutely normal.

It probably is a good idea to increase the specified config parameter;
that can improve performance for most of the cases where the message
comes up.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/rdbms.html