Re: problems with copy

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: problems with copy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Steff" <stephane.eveillard@netcourrier.com> writes:

> I'm starting using PostgreSQL and want to import datas from my old database.
> I've made ASCII delimited files and want to use the copy instruction.
>
> Having the server started, I do the following :
>
> > psql mydb
> >copy table from 'myfile' using delimiters ';' ;
>
> I'vegot an error saying that the backend server can't read myfile. I've
> check rights on this file and every user can read this file.
> I've created the table and checked that it exists.

Some possibilities:

* The backend can't find the file because you're using a relative
  pathname.  Try using an absolute pathname (one that starts with
  '/').  The backend has its own working directory, which is generally
  different from that of the 'psql' process.
* The 'postgres' user doesn't have read/search permission on one of
  the directories leading to the file (eg, if /home/doug is not
  world-searchable, no other user can read /home/doug/myfile, no
  matter what permissions are on 'myfile' itself).

-Doug