Re: Transaction

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Mihai Gheorghiu" <tanethq@earthlink.net> writes:

> An event triggers a rule / trigger.
> Does this (event + rule/trigger) behave as a transaction, or is it necessary
> to wrap it into BEGIN COMMIT? If yes, BEGIN should be before or after the
> event (in the rule/trigger)?

It is always inside a transaction, since every SQL statement is a
transaction (unless of course you use BEGIN/COMMIT explicitly).  So
"event + trigger" will succeed or fail atomically.

-Doug
--
In a world of steel-eyed death, and men who are fighting to be warm,
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm.    -Dylan