Re: pg_autovacuum and VACUUM FREEZE

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: pg_autovacuum and VACUUM FREEZE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, chriskl@familyhealth.com.au (Christopher Kings-Lynne)
transmitted:
> Was just wondering if pg_autovacuum watches transaction ids and issues
> a vacuum freeze before they roll over?
>
> If not, is it hard to do?

It doesn't do a VACUUM FREEZE; it just does a VACUUM.  VACUUM FREEZE
isn't forcibly necessary, although it would be an interesting idea to
do so.
/* * FIXME: should probably do something better here so that we don't * vacuum all the databases on the server at the
sametime.  We have * 500million xacts to work with so we should be able to spread the * load of full database vacuums a
bit*/if (dbi->age > 1500000000 ){    PGresult   *res = NULL;

    res = send_query("VACUUM", dbi);    /* FIXME: Perhaps should add a check for PQ_COMMAND_OK */    PQclear(res);
return1;}

--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/