Re: Join with other database's table

От SL Baur
Тема Re: Join with other database's table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sungchul Park <scpark@gen128.com> writes in pgsql-general@postgresql.org:

> I am developing WWW site that is serviced in 4 difference language,
> english, chinese, japanese, korean. I allocated one database for one
> language. each DB will have same tables that have same kind of
> information in different language. But I want to keep member's
> information in one table.

If you're using 7.0 you should be able to do this in one database if
you select a multilingual database encoding.  I've tested mule_internal
encoding and it works.  Unicode (UTF-8) encoding should also work,
though there are no conversion routines to go from a Unicode database
to an EUC Japanese client (for example).