Re: what we need to use postgresql in the enterprise

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: what we need to use postgresql in the enterprise
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Clinging to sanity, xzilla@users.sourceforge.net (Robert Treat) mumbled into her beard:
> I think your pretty much on target with the below. It is possible to
> work around these issues on some level, but I can see how that might
> get unwieldly in a hurry.  While I won't tell you to "go code it if
> you need it", I might ask that you consider what your paying in
> Oracle licenses and think about spending that money to hire someone
> to develop those features in PostgreSQL, I'm thinking you'd save
> money in the long run.

I was under the impression that someone was working on nested
transactions, with a view of them maybe becoming a 7.5 feature.

It might thereby be worthwhile to figure out who that "someone" is,
which is probably googleable, and maybe offer them something of a
"bounty," whereby if the feature makes it in, there might be some
money in it...
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "acm.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/spreadsheets.html