Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.

От James Cloos
Тема Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

GA> I was hoping someone had seen this sort of behaviour before,
GA> and could offer some sort of explanation or advice.

Jesper's reply is probably most on point as to the reason.

I know that recent Opterons use some of their cache to better manage
cache-coherency.  I presum recent Xeons do so, too, but perhaps yours
are not recent enough for that?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

Сообщение: Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.
Сообщение: Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.