Re: Using PL/R with 8.0

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Using PL/R with 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Quoth elein@varlena.com (elein):
> I'm trying to get plr up and running on an 8.0.1
> pg installation.  I'm running Debian unstable.
>
> I have R_HOME as /usr/lib/R
> libR.so is in /usr/lib/R/lib/libR.so
> and has rw-r--r-- permissions.
>
> /u/local/pgsql80/lib/plr.so is rwxr-xr-x.
>
> I've (re)built pg --with-plr and --with-libs=/usr/lib/R/ (just in case)
>
> I've (re)built plr.
>
> When I load plr.sql it complains:
> ERROR:  could not load library "/u/local/pgsql80/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
ordirectory

> Please tell me that there is something stupid
> and obvious that I've forgotten to set?
> (And what that thing is :)

There's a tendancy for R builds to not bother building the sharable
libR.so library.

The key to figuring it out is to check what's missing in library
linkages.  Two options ought to be helpful:

1.  ldd  /u/local/pgsql80/lib/plr.so
2.  ldd  /usr/lib/R/lib/libR.so

On my Debian/unstable system...

cbbrowne@wolfe> ldd /usr/lib/postgresql/lib/plr.so       libR.so => not found     libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6
(0x40022000)    /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)

It may suffice to figure out where libR.so is, and add that directory
in via LD_LIBRARY_PATH...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html