Re: postgresql replication

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: postgresql replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martha Stewart called it a Good Thing when Peter Wilson <petew@yellowhawk.co.uk> wrote:
> I looked at Slony, which seems to be a current favourite -but I
> couldn't get it working on my database (claimed my tables didn't have
> relevant keys - which they do). Slony-I had almost non-existent
> documentation which I always find prety unacceptable unless everything
> goes very smoothly..

I updated the copy of the documentation that I keep online (URL below)
to reflect the latest CVS updates just yesterday.  I have to say
"nonsense!"

There are things I would like to be better documented, but the notion
that the documentation is "almost nonexistent" is just nonsense.  And
the problem you describe is indeed discussed in the documentation.

Admittedly, it is not all in the version 1.0.5 tarball, but that's
because a lot of it was written after that release.
--
output = reverse("moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html