Re: How to use postgres 7.0.3 with -F?

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: How to use postgres 7.0.3 with -F?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> elwood@agouros.de (Konstantinos Agouros) writes:
> >> export PGOPTIONS="-F"
> >> psql mydb
>
> > Ahhhh Ohhhh thanks for the help I was confused. Does this also work
> > that way, if I use it from DBI::Pg from perl? Like setting
> > $ENV{'PGOPTIONS'}
>
> Yeah, I think that should work if you do it before opening a connection,
> but a more straightforward way is to set options=-F in the
> DBI->connect() command ...

I think Tom's suggestion is the way to go--I found a long time ago
that Perl only puts the %ENV hash into the environment when it's about
to call exec().  I was using DBD::Informix and found that my
INFORMIXDIR variable, set in the Perl script, was not making it
through to the Informix libraries (since no separate program was being
called).  I had to run the Perl script from a wrapper shell script
that set INFORMIXDIR...

This may have been fixed by now, though, it was five years ago or so.

-Doug