Re:

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Ashley T. Howes" <ashley@turton.com> writes:

> I was wondering if PostgreSQL takes advantage of multiple CPUs when
> placed in a single Linux box.  Or are multiple CPUs utilised as long
> as the Linux kernel is compiled to take advantage of them?

Well, obviously you need an SMP kernel.

Since the PG backend is one process per client, multiple CPUs will
definitely help for multiple clients connecting.  They won't help with
queries for a single client, as there is currently no code to split up
the queries and run the parts on different CPUs.

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,