Re: Undocumented feature costs a lot of performance in COPY IN

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Undocumented feature costs a lot of performance in COPY IN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> and indeed, only the first character is used by COPY OUT.  But COPY IN
> is presently coded so that if multiple characters are mentioned in
> USING DELIMITERS, any one of them will be taken as a field delimiter.
>
> I would like to change the code to just "if (c == delim[0])",
> which should buy back most of that 20% and make the behavior match the
> documentation.  Question for the list: is this a bad change?  Is anyone
> out there actually using this undocumented behavior?

Not I.

As an utter nitpick, the syntax should IMHO be USING DELIMITER (no S)
if there is only one possible delimiter character.  But that *would*
break lots of apps so I don't advocate it.  ;)

-Doug
--
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.  --T. J. Jackson, 1863