Re: FW: [ppa-dev] Severe bug in debian - phppgadmin opens

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: FW: [ppa-dev] Severe bug in debian - phppgadmin opens
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> OK, I reread what you said and I see now I am not going to get away with
> being brief.  Text is now:
>
>     <envar>PGPASSWORD</envar>
>     sets the password used if the backend demands password
>     authentication. This is not recommended because the password can
>     be read by others using a <command>ps</command> environment flag
>     on some platforms.

Looks good to me.  I think the 'ps' options are the most annoying
difference between SysV and BSD Unices.  Linux 'ps' tries to be both
by acting BSDish if you supply options without a dash, and SysVish if
you use one.  Ambitious, but it's bitten me once or twice...

-Doug
--
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.  --T. J. Jackson, 1863

Сообщение: Re: FW: [ppa-dev] Severe bug in debian - phppgadmin opens
Сообщение: Re: FW: [ppa-dev] Severe bug in debian - phppgadmin opens