Re: CONCAT function

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: CONCAT function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In the last exciting episode, newsy@lewczuk.com ("Marek Lewczuk") wrote:
>> You want to use the || operator, e.g. 'hello' || ' ' || 'world'
>
> I know that, but in my application (which is working on MySQL now) I
> have many querys which use CONCAT function, so I need to implement this
> function is PG - there is no possibility to replace (in short time) all
> of my querys.

Well, then you might implement "CONCAT" in plpgsql.

It will presumably take two values (possibly text, possibly generic),
use ||, inside the function, to catenate them, and then return a text
value.

That should be quite straightforward.
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','ntlug.org').