Re: embedded postgresql

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: embedded postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
After a long battle with technology, jiniusuk@yahoo.co.uk (jini us),
an earthling, wrote:
> I would class your solution as a work around rather than a "natural
> solution".

It may not be the approach you _expected_.

> Anyway I am using MS windows and to implement postgres as embedded,
> using your approach, would probably become complicated.

Sure, you'll have to decide where to put the directory.  That could
get quite hideous...

> It would probably introduce unwanted bugs in my software.

But THAT seems very odd.  Can you be more specific about the sorts of
bugs that would be expected to appear by virtue of _not_ including the
"postmaster" inside your application?

I would think the opposite would be true; that this would _diminish_
the likelihood of bugs, since it would outright eliminate the
possibility of your own code accidentally trampling on database
memory, which is a BIG risk that would be introduced by embedding the
database in your application.
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','acm.org').
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/linuxxian.html