Re: Ok, why isn't it using *this* index?

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Ok, why isn't it using *this* index?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin@xcski.com> writes:

> Does anybody know if the RPM that comes with RedHat 7.0 will work with
> RedHat 6.2?  I've just upgraded my workstation machine to RedHat 7.0, and
> I want to wait a bit before upgrading my server as well.  (If only because
> lpr suddenly stopped working with the last "update" from RedHat.)

It's unlikely that the binary RPM will work, but if you get the source
RPM it *should* build on 6.2, though you might have to upgrade RPM on
your 6.2 machine (if you haven't already).

I'm running 7.1beta (compiled from source tarball) on multiple 6.2
machines.  It's not too painful to manage because everything goes into
/usr/local/pgsql by default--it doesn't scatter files all over the
machine.

-Doug