Re: Perl,Postmaster and CPU question??

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Perl,Postmaster and CPU question??
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"gabriel" <gabriel@workingnetsp.com.br> writes:

> hello all
>
> I have a perl script that read a text file and
> insert the data in a table...
>
> but when this script is runing the usage of CPU by postmaster grows to
> between 79 and 90 percent...

And this is a problem because...  ?

Honestly, you're doing a lot of work, why wouldn't the CPU be busy?

> there's something to do about it?

Are you using COPY or a series of INSERTs?  If the latter, are you
doing them all inside a transaction?  INSERTs not wrapped in a
transaction will load the system a lot more due to transaction
overhead and disk sync latency.

-Doug
--
Free Dmitry Sklyarov!
http://www.freesklyarov.org/

We will return to our regularly scheduled signature shortly.

Сообщение: Re: Re: AW: Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal
Сообщение: Re: Re: AW: Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal