Re: help with OSX make problem

От Benjamin Riefenstahl
Тема Re: help with OSX make problem
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Theodore,

First thing, I got my PostgreSQL as a binary package from
<http://www.serverlogistics.com>, so if all you want is the software,
you may want to get it from there.  Sorry for not thinking of this
earlier.

Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5@yahoo.com> writes:
> it does indeed make without the iodbc however I can not add a DSN in
> odbc administator...

So with this "make" and "make install" succeded?  In my installation
there exists a file /Library/PostgreSQL/lib/libpsqlodbc.so.0.27 (yours
will have a different version number, of course).  This is the driver
file, which is added here in the "Driver" tab of the ODBC
Administrator.  When you have the driver registered, you should be
able to create a DSN.

There are no configuration dialogs, everything is configured via
property lists.  The keywords I am using here are "Database", "Port"
and "Servername" with the obvious values.  This setup has worked fine,
last I used it (which was some time ago, I admit).

> I don't know where or how to get the process to see my core
> foundation stuff.

Add "-framework CoreFoundation" to the relevant options in the
Makefile, typically that would be a symbol named "LIBS" or "LIBADD".

benny