Re: referential integrity constraints not checked inside PL/pgSQL functions?

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: referential integrity constraints not checked inside PL/pgSQL functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Supposing you drop the "delete from b;" from the function, you'll find
that the function fails with much the same error message you had
before.

Evidently that foreign key check gets _deferred_ in the context of the
stored procedure.  It is indeed checked; just not at the point you
expect it to be checked at.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ntlug.org';
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/advocacy.html