Re: Floating-point timestamps versus Range Types

От James Cloos
Тема Re: Floating-point timestamps versus Range Types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

JC> That said, the possiblity of hex i/o format for the float datatypes
JC> would be welcome.

TL> It's unportable, for two different reasons:

TL> 2. The printf specifiers you want us to rely on are not standard.

They are in C99.

TL> 1. pg_dump output would become platform-specific.  This is highly
TL> undesirable.

It is true that pg would have to test for them in configure and supply
alternative code wherever libc fails to support them.

I can readily accept that there are many more pressing needs.

But would such a patch for master be rejected?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6