Inheritance and DELETE

От Enrico.Scholz@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Тема Inheritance and DELETE
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

to represent objects of a filesystem I am using these tables:

---------------------

CREATE TABLE fsObject   -- an abstract filesystem-object
(       fsOid           serial,       name            text NOT NULL,       parent          int                    --  a
directoryid

);

CREATE TABLE files
(
) INHERITS (fsObject);

CREATE TABLE directory  -- can be the parent of a fsObject
(
) INHERITS (fsObject);

----------------------

Because chapter 9 (Inheritance) of the "User Guide" the documentation
is saying "Many of the commands that we have already discussed --
select, update and *delete* -- support this "*" notation...", I tried
to handle the deletion of a directory with this rule:

----------------------

CREATE RULE chg_fsO_on_dir_delete AS ON DELETE
TO directory
DO DELETE FROM fsObject* WHERE parent = OLD.fsOid;

But PostgreSQL is complaining with the message

'ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "*"'

What is to correct syntax for the "*" in a DELETE-statement?

Enrico

--
eMail:  enrico.scholz@wirtschaft.tu-chemnitz.de
talk:   ensc@ultra.csn.tu-chemnitz.de