Re: Licensing

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Licensing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:

> Is there a standard way of making "safe" (no filesystem/network
> access etc.) version of TinyScheme ?

Yeah, very standard: add it to the code.  ;) There are no "hooks" for
that kind of access control currently.  I'm not aware of a Scheme
system (except possibly Guile, just because it has everything else:)
that has such.

> Just recently there was much fuss about PL/Python's ability to read
> files. Or are you planning to make only an untrusted PL ?

Probably start off untrusted and add trusted afterward--I'd like to
get the basics (interface between Scheme and PG datatypes, SPI glue) in
place and get familiar with the code.  It shouldn't be too hard to add
a "capability mask" to the interpreter structure and put permission
checks in.

-Doug
--
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.  --T. J. Jackson, 1863