Re: papers on datatype design

От Manuel Sugawara
Тема Re: papers on datatype design
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu> writes:

> I guess I was not clear.  I am very aware of PostgreSQL's excellent
> type system and have written several types myself.  However, I am
> looking for something broader:  published papers in the database
> literature on the rationale for and design of datatypes that go beyond
> the "standard" set to represent more complex "real-world"
> information.  I understand this is not necessarily

Perhaps some readings on object-oriented programming and design can
be useful. Also, C.J. Date [1] dedicates a complete chapter to
the subject (19 inheritance of types), in spite of the name of the
chapter, it seems the to be the closest thing for what you want.

Regards,
Manuel.

[1] Date C.J., An introduction to database systems 7th editon