Problems with BLOBs under Windows?

От Trond Kjernaasen
Тема Problems with BLOBs under Windows?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've done some tests with large objects and it works just fine under
Linux, but when I try the same code under Windows (I use the libpq
frontend) it fails for some reason with lo_read() always returning 0.

The test program I'm using is basically a modified version of the one
listed in chapter 3 of the programmer's guide (testlo.c). I first
tried to compile it using MSVC 6.0, but found that I had to replace
the open() calls in lo_import() and lo_export() in the
interfaces/libpq/fe-lobj.c file with the native Windows calls. The
files were not opened in the correct mode for some reason.

I then tried to compile the example with gcc and the cygwin tools -
the test program worked just fine without modifications to the
fe-lobj.c file. However, my lo_read() calls still returns 0 no matter
what I do.

I've tried this with both 6.51, 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 - but they all give
the same results.

Does anyone have any experience with this under Windows? I would
greatly appreciate any help in getting to the bottom of this problem.

Thanks,

--
Trond K.