Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
In the last exciting episode, mail@joeconway.com (Joe Conway) wrote:
> That's exactly what we're doing, but using inherited tables instead of
> a union view. With inheritance, there is no need to rebuild the view
> each time a table is added or removed. Basically, in our application,
> tables are partitioned by either month or week, depending on the type
> of data involved, and queries are normally date qualified.

Sounds interesting, and possibly usable.

Where does the constraint come in that'll allow most of the data to be
excluded?

Or is this just that the entries are all part of "bigtable" so that
the self join is only 2-way?
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/advocacy.html