Re: Trouble with RPM

От kumar1@home.com (Prasanth A. Kumar)
Тема Re: Trouble with RPM
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gilles DAROLD <gilles@darold.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Please don't use RPM if you don't want to have a Win$ based install.
> It's remember me a very old question: Where are the DLL ?
>
> The better way is to get the tarball and do a fresh compilation, you will
> learn more about postgres (see the INSTALL file and other documentation).
> And then all your files will go in /usr/local/pgsql by default !
>
> Note: I use rh6.2 :-)

Except that with tarball, you have a much higher chance of not
compiling, misconfiguring, or botching the install (I dont't mean
postgress specifically here.) And when this happens to your friends
and coworkers, and you are the local Linux expert, who do you think
will be doing the 'learning'? :-)

<snip>
--
Prasanth Kumar