Re: effective_cache_size vs units

От Benny Amorsen
Тема Re: effective_cache_size vs units
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

TL> Personally I don't find the argument about "someday we might want
TL> to support measurements in millibits" to be convincing at all, and
TL> certainly it seems weaker than the argument that "units should be
TL> case insensitive because everything else in this file is". The SQL
TL> spec has to be considered a more relevant controlling precedent
TL> for us than the SI units spec, and there are no case-sensitive
TL> keywords in SQL.

Units simply are not case sensitive. They are just a more or less
random collection of preexisting symbols, because that was easier than
drawing up entirely new ones. Not all are English letters, for one µ
is not. If you upper case a text with units in, the units do not
change with the rest of the text.

/Benny