Re: PL/Perl Question

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: PL/Perl Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hitesh Patel <hitesh@presys.com> writes:

> I need to be able to execute SQL commands from inside a plperl
> function and can't figure if I can do this.  Also.. after executing
> the query I need to be able to grab the number of tuples returned
> and there values.. how would I go about doing this.. any help would
> be appreciated.

As I understand it, PL/Perl doesn't currently have an interface to the
server backend, so all you can really do with it is string and number
manipulation.  You'll have to use Tcl or PL/PGSQL for your functions.

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,