Re: BUG #5740: contrib/spi/moddatetime.c doesn't work with timezones.

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: BUG #5740: contrib/spi/moddatetime.c doesn't work with timezones.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Dirk Heinrichs" <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de> writes:
> The moddatetime function provided by this module only works on columns of
> type "timestamp without time zone". Would be nice if it could also provide
> an analogous function moddatetime_tz which provides the same functionality
> for columns of type "timestamp with time zone".

dim=# select pg_typeof('now'::timestamp), pg_typeof('now'::timestamptz);
          pg_typeof          |        pg_typeof
 timestamp without time zone | timestamp with time zone
(1 row)

So I guess that you need to modify very little code to get the trigger
to work for both types.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] typoed column name, but postgres didn't grump
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] typoed column name, but postgres didn't grump