Re: [HACKERS] (stupid) bug in agg_select_candidate

От David Sauer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] (stupid) bug in agg_select_candidate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
   >> I'm trying postgres 6.4.1 and I have problem with select command:   >> > create table t( text_column text );   >>
>select sum( text_column ) from t;   >> This command makes no sense, but causes crash in backend:

   Thomas> Thanks for finding this. It was in new code for automatic type matching   Thomas> and coersion on aggregate
functionsto help implement aggregates for the   Thomas> string types.

   Thomas> I've enclosed a simple patch which fixes the problem, and which at the   Thomas> same time makes a nicer
warningmessage as a result:

Thomas>postgres=> select min(c) from cc;   Thomas> min   Thomas> ----------   Thomas> abc   Thomas> (1 row)

   Thomas> Will commit to the cvs tree sometime soon; let me know if you have any   Thomas> continuing problems. Good
luck.

Thanks, works fine.        Happy Xmas,            David

--
* David Sauer, student of Czech Technical University
* electronic mail: davids@iol.cz (mime compatible)

От: "Thomas G. Lockhart"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] (stupid) bug in agg_select_candidate
От: David Sauer
Сообщение: bug(?) if int8 as primary key