problem with unique entry

От David Sauer
Тема problem with unique entry
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

  I have a simple table:

create table users
(
    id serial primary key,
    login text unique not null,
    passwd text,
    last_access date,
    tables_to_show int4[],
        passwds_for_tables text[]
);

This will produce output:

david=> create table users
david-> (
david-> id serial primary key,
david-> login text unique not null,
david-> passwd text,
david-> last_access date,
david-> tables_to_show int4[],
david->         passwds_for_tables text[]
david-> );
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence 'users_id_seq' for SERIAL column 'users.id'
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'users_pkey' for table 'users'
CREATE
david=> \d users
Table    = users
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                | Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| id                               | int4 not null default nextval('" |     4 |
| login                            | text not null                    |   var |
| passwd                           | text                             |   var |
| last_access                      | date                             |     4 |
| tables_to_show                   | int4[]                           |   var |
| passwds_for_tables               | text[]                           |   var |
Index:    users_pkey

My question (I think, that this is bug) is simple: why unique entry 'login'
doesn't create implicit unique index ?
  This is true on my 6.5.1 on linux x86, compiled by gcc 2.95.

6.4.2 compiled by gcc 2.7.2 works fine.

--
* David Sauer, student of Czech Technical University
* electronic mail: davids@penguin.cz (mime compatible)