Re: additional json functionality

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: additional json functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> writes:
> On Nov 17, 2013, at 1:51 PM, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> wrote:
>> I'm wondering about just pushing hstore in core (even if technically
>> still an extension, install it by default, like we do for PLpgSQL), and
>> calling it a day.
>
> It’s syntax is different than JSON, so one would need to convert to
> and from JSON all the time to parse and serialize. PITA.

Oh I misremembered about that, I though it would take JSON as input
as-is and could be made to output JSON. And IIRC the community input at
pgconf.eu has been to just always output json texts and get rid of the
formating GUCs.

Now, if it turns out that the new hstore is not dealing with json input
and output, we could have json, jstore and hstore.

--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: additional json functionality
Сообщение: Re: additional json functionality