Debugging initdb breakage

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Debugging initdb breakage
Дата
Re: Debugging initdb breakage  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Debugging initdb breakage  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

So I'm beginning to work on the extension support for dump and restore,
and that begins with a new pg_extension catalog. I managed to break
initdb already, of course, but I'm fighting my way out — no luck with
gdb, it won't catch the Assert failure and show me a backtrace. I tried
"set follow-fork-mode child" in gdb, in different systems, to no avail.

Please find attached the detailed initdb.log and the very few items I
needed to obtain:

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(reln->md_fd[forkNum] == ((void *)0))", File: "md.c", Line: 254)
child process was terminated by signal 6: Abort trap

How to have gdb help me? What's my error, that I guess is obvious? Where
do I read more now in order not to need too much assistance after that?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Вложения