Re: Updated pg_buildext

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Updated pg_buildext
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi,

Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
> here's my updated pg_buildext script. Most notable changes are the
> addtion of the "configure" and "install" actions and that it catches
> more errors (set -e, die() calls).

I like your changes!

I recall that doing the build in the vtarget directory was important in
my usage, but it could be that you new -f $makefile style allows to run
the build from any directory…

> Dimitri, do you think that should go into the next postgresql-common
> version?

Yes.

> (Todo: think about a smart and policy-compliant way to update
> debian/control. Also, try using with 9.1 modules.)

As we rely on the extension's Makefile I think we're as good as can be
for 9.1.  For debian/control, we have the mechanism to automatically
derive it from supported-versions, we need to reach on a conclusion
about its use being safe.

The other TODO would be what to do about VPATH unfriendly extensions.
Some of them are using subdirectories where to stash regression tests,
docs, etc.  Then building from another place is a problem:  maybe that's
why you removed my forcing building in $vtarget?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine