Re: Enabling Checksums

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Enabling Checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
>> -A relation name
>> -Corruption type (an entry from this list)
>> -How many blocks to touch
>>
>> I'll just loop based on the count, randomly selecting a block each time
>> and messing with it in that way.

For the messing with it part, did you consider zzuf?
 http://caca.zoy.org/wiki/zzuf

> Does it make sense to have a separate executable (pg_corrupt) just for
> corrupting the data as a test? Or should it be part of a
> corruption-testing harness (pg_corruptiontester?), that introduces the
> corruption and then verifies that it's properly detected?

Maybe we need our own zzuf implementation, though.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Makefiles don't seem to remember to rebuild everything anymore
Сообщение: Re: Makefiles don't seem to remember to rebuild everything anymore