Re: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes)

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I thought the suggestion of having "version = 9.1devel" line in each
> contrib's module extension file was a joke.  It is certainly not going
> to be sustainable in the long run -- I don't think we want to be
> modifying all control files each release.  We need to find a better way
> to fix this.

Consider also the use case where we only update contrib module minor
version when they do receive an update in the tree. If we get to do
that, maybe it's good enough with plain .control files.

Of course having some Makefile or other support doesn't prevent anything
here, it just allows some more flexibility. That was considered some
more complexity not solving any real world use-case on-list, though.

FWIW, it seems very likely that should we ship without the Make support
I'll have to add it to every extension I maintain, separately.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes)
Сообщение: Re: Extensions, patch v18 (merge against master, bitrot-only-fixes)