Re: Where to load modules from?

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Where to load modules from?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I think I'd prefer a GUC that allows specifying multiple directories
>> that are searched in order to a single symlinked directory.
>
> Why?
>
> I ask because I have the opposite preference, based on the precedent of pg_xlog.

I understand Andres preference, as it would allow a management somewhat
comparable to PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH here.

In an effort to reach consensus, what about having both, with the GUC
being empty by default? That way you have a default per-cluster place
where to stuff binaries to be loaded, and a GUC to manage finer settings
if needs be.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine