Re: Database viewpoint of subject - Sending e-mails from database table with Cronjob

От Andre Lopes
Тема Re: Database viewpoint of subject - Sending e-mails from database table with Cronjob
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It is not for SPAM, the 100.000 e-mails is only for example purposes. But I must to draw the code to be possible to send this volume, just in case if it happens.

There are examples on how can I do this?

Best Regards,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Allan Kamau <kamauallan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Andre Lopes <lopes80andre@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> [quote]
> The other way is to let the cron job spawn new processes (up to a
> limited number of child proceses) as long as there are mails to send.
> These child processes runs as long as there are mails to send, then
> they die. The cron job will then mostly do process controll/start new
> processes.
> [/quote]
>
> How can I do this. I'am thinking to use a PHP Script?
>
> Best Regards,
>

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:35 PM, A B <gentosaker@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I generate e-mail messages to a database table and then with a CronJob I
>> > sent the e-mails.
>> >
>> > My doubt is... The CronJob runs every 10 minutes, but If I have 100.000
>> > e-mails to send the script will not be able to send all the 100.000
>> > e-mails
>> > in 10 minutes.
>> >
>> > How can I deal with this problem? There is no problem to have multiple
>> > CronJobs runing in background?
>>
>> If N is the number of mails you can send per cronjob in 10 minutes,
>> then run 100 000/N cron jobs.
>> You will be very happy if you also add som kind of "sleep" (for a
>> growing number of seconds) to the cronjobs when there are currently no
>> more mails to send. Otherwise you will end up with a very annoying CPU
>> load.
>>
>> The other way is to let the cron job spawn new processes (up to a
>> limited number of child proceses) as long as there are mails to send.
>> These child processes runs as long as there are mails to send, then
>> they die. The cron job will then mostly do process controll/start new
>> processes.
>>
>> That ought to do the trick.

I really hope this is not for SPAM mail.

Allan.