Re: PL/pgSQL examples NOT involving functions

От Roland Roberts
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL examples NOT involving functions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

    Aasmund> Well, to the best of my knowledge your question is a
    Aasmund> contradiction in terms: plpgsql is a procedural language
    Aasmund> to use it you must create a stored procedure or
    Aasmund> function...

Coming from an Oracle background, perhaps I don't see it the same
way.  To merely *call* a PL/SQL procedure, I have to do something like

    BEGIN
        MYPROC (a, b, c)
    END;

So I *could* create a pl/pgsql function and call it like that, but
since pl/pgsql procedures aren't compiled I wondered if I could do it
inline.

    Aasmund> However you are probably able to do many of the things
    Aasmund> you may want with plain old SQL look it up in the docs
    Aasmund> especially the case structure.

Thanks for this suggestion; I'll have a look at the case structure....

roland
--
               PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@rlenter.com                     76-15 113th Street, Apt 3B

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Foreign Key Constraint Deletion Order
Сообщение: Re: Foreign Key Constraint Deletion Order