Re: Another swing at JSON

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Another swing at JSON
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> So, I'm interested in trying to improve this, but it looks like a
> research project from here.

True:  I don't have a baked solution that we would just need to
apply. The simplest idea I can think of is forcing make install before
to build contribs so that PGXS works “normally”.

We would have to clarify the point somewhere visible in the docs though,
so that we can say to people building extensions to mimic contrib/
except for the in-tree old-style Makefile support.  In fact, adding some
comments about that in all the contrib extension Makefiles might be our
best shot at it, right?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine