Re: Storing many big files in database- should I do it?

От Anthony
Тема Re: Storing many big files in database- should I do it?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 5:17 AM, Cédric Villemain <cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
store your files in a filesystem, and keep the path to the file (plus
metadata, acl, etc...) in database.

What type of filesystem is good for this?  A filesystem with support for storing tens of thousands of files in a single directory, or should one play the 41/56/34/41563489.ext game?

Are there any open source systems which handle keeping a filesystem and database in sync for this purpose, or is it a wheel that keeps getting reinvented?

I know "store your files in a filesystem" is the best long-term solution.  But it's just so much easier to just throw everything in the database.