Re: bind variables, soft vs hard parse

От Douglas McNaught
Тема Re: bind variables, soft vs hard parse
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marcus Engene <mengpg@engene.se> writes:

> Which will be the same as the second call. There is quite a big
> difference in performance using bind variables.
>
> Does Postgres work the same? Where can I go for more info?

You can do this (or close to it) but you need to explicitly PREPARE
the query (or use the protocol-level prepare, which some client
libraries will do for you).  See the SQL documentation for PREPARE.

-Doug

Сообщение: Re: PG_DUMP and table locking in PG7.4
Сообщение: Re: PG_DUMP and table locking in PG7.4